Honeywell Customer TestimonialStructure all processes within a common platform and facilite the...
A productive Remote Work with Microsoft Teams and Beesy
The objective of this use case is to detail how to set up in 15 minutes per team of 5 to 10 people, the organization of your remote work in Microsoft Teams and Beesy.Vous pourrez ainsi assurer la continuité de votre activité en :
- Ensuring the autonomy of your co-workers and allowing them to give visibility to their actions.
- Efficiently managing the progress of the activity even from a distance
- Maintaining contact and communication in the teams
Step One: Setting up your organization in Microsoft Teams and Beesy
To manage your activity, deploy in Microsoft Teams the organization of your activity by creating 2 teams:
– A “MY TEAM” team, which will consist of a dedicated channel for each of your colleagues that you wish to follow. For more confidentiality, prefer private channels.
– A ” PILOTAGE ” team, which will group a channel for each priority activity that you want to pilot remotely with your teams.
Once your Microsoft Teams organization is finalized, set up your Beesy just like Microsoft Teams.
Step 1 – Install Beesy in your microsoft Teams: in the applications section, select Beesy and click “add”. A Beesy conversation is then automatically created. We can then start the configuration of your Beesy.
Step 2 – Add your collaborators in Beesy: in the Beesy conversation, go to the Person tab and add one by one your collaborators with the + button of the left menu. If you wish, you can directly import your collaborators from an extract of your contact databases. By adding your collaborators, invite them to join you on Beesy.
(NB: Only import into Beesy the staff you need to run your business).
Step 3 – Configure your projects in Beesy : for each channel of Teams, create a project in Beesy in the Beesy conversation on the project tab, according to the following organization :
- A Teams team configures itself into a goal in Beesy . So create in Beesy the objective “My team” and ” Pilotage“.
- A Teams channel configures itself into a Beesy Project
To simplify the configuration of your projects, you can use the following import file: click here
And finally last step, define for each Beesy project, your rules of sharing with collaborators in the project tab by clicking on the button
The configuration is ready, you can start setting up your remote work organization.
Set up your rituals
Plan the following exchanges in your week:
- A 1-hour team meeting
- An individual 30-minute point with each employee
- A “Coffee date” on Wednesday afternoon for example.
- A quick update on Friday to take stock of the week, with a weekly status report.
- A 30-minute presentation by the team every two weeks or once a month.
To efficiently manage these meetings, we will deploy in Microsoft Teams and Beesy, an organization that will simplify their preparation and follow-up.
Organize your remote work with the team
Management of Individual and Team Meetings
To make your exchanges efficient:
- Prepare them in advance
- Take notes
For the Collaborator
First define his goals in a OneNote, for example, which you transfer to your Beesy Assistant by email at the end of your goal review. Specify the project, putting “Collaborator name” at the beginning of the body of your project email.
Beesy will analyze the note and automatically transform it into an action plan.
For each collaborator channel, create in Teams, a Beesy tab with the project notes “Name of collaborator” :
- Add a Beesy tab
- Choose the activity : PROJECT
- Specify the name of the project: COLLABORATOR NAME
- Select the tab type NOTE
In this tab, you will find all the notes of your one-to-one meetings with your collaborators and the associated action plans.
To prepare the following points with your collaborator, just ask your assistant Beesy in your conversation Teams to prepare your meeting: “@Beesy prepare me the one-one meeting of Pierre“
Beesy will then automatically create a note for you that groups together all of your collaborator’s current actions. Each week, renew the operation and you will have recurring notes associated with your collaborator and you will be able to see directly the actions that have been carried out between the 2 meetings.
Nb: For the first action follow-up note, it will be necessary to manually switch it into the follow-up project of the collaborator. The following notes will be automatically created in the right project.
For Team Meeting Management
For the management of your team meetings, in the same way take your notes in Onenote or in an email if you prefer.
Send your notes to your Beesy assistant specifying the project “Pilotage/General“.
In your general team channel “Pilotage”, add a Beesy Note tab, to find all the notes and action plans of your team meetings.
- On the general channel:
- Add a Beesy tab
- Choose the activity : PROJECT
- Specify the name of the project: General
- Select the tab type NOTE
Follow your business with confidence and as a team
Configure the reporting of your collaborators’ activities
Identify very quickly the progress of the activity of your collaborator with Dashboard tabs in your Microsoft Teams to see in 1 click for example:
In your collaborators’ channels, create the following tabs
- The actions of the day (Choose collaborator / his name, click on Dashboard / action in progress / today / all projects)
- Overdue actions (Collaborator / name-collaborator / dashboard / outdated action / the last 7 / all projects)
- Completed actions (Collaborator / collaborator-name / dashboard / action exceeded / the last 7 / all projects)
- Actions to be carried out this week (Collaborator / name-collaborator / dashboard / action in progress / +/- 7 days / all projects)
NB: If in your daily life, you regularly use the conversation menu to communicate with your collaborators, you can also add these same tabs in conversations with each collaborator.
You can also use the Beesy bot to get his reports in 1 sentence by addressing him directly in conversation with for example: “Give me Pierre’s closed actions today”. “Antony’s overdue actions”
The speed of the reporting allows you to identify very easily if the activity is in line with the deadlines and to focus on the essential to know how to exchange with your collaborators in order to solve all the blocking points.
You can in both cases very easily comment on an action if you need clarification or to provide additional information to accompany your team.
Thanks to these tabs, your collaborator can also very easily make his report of the week. For example: :
- What did I do this week with the completed actions tab?
- What am I planning to do next week with the actions tab to do in the next 7 days?
- My blocking points of the week with an export of the overdue actions tab and associated comments
- How I’ve been feeling this week
Your collaborator can also ask Beesy to send you directly his daily activity report: “Send David my actions closed today“.
In less than 15 minutes, your colleagues can give you a weekly feedback of their activity.
Co-build team reporting
Configure an agile reporting of your activity
Adopt agile and circular reporting for your teams, by integrating visual progress dashboards for each channel of your business. Everyone can see who is doing what, and the overall progress of the project In the channels, to create your dashboards, choose the associated project in Beesy and add the following tabs:
- Closed actions: (Project / Project name / Dashboard / Completed actions / the last 7 days / For everyone)
- The actions of the week: (Project / Project name / Dashboard / ongoing actions / +/- 7 days / For everyone)
- Overdue actions: (Project / Project name / Dashboard / Outdated actions / the last 7 days / For everyone)
- The Project Report: (Project / Project name / Dashboard / Project Report / +/- 7 days / For everyone)
For the General channel, instead of project choose the Beesy objective where all your projects are attached, and sort your reporting by project, you will have a global dashboard with all actions aggregated on all channels/projects.
The flexibility of Beesy’s reporting allows you to customize your dashboards to manage the entire activity with your team.
These reports can be a support for your team meeting on Monday to have a global view of the activity and define together the action plans to be implemented. Do not mobilize the speech during your team meetings, appoint a leader on each project who will be able, thanks to an agile view of your projects, to make a synthesis of 5 min on the project.
They are also a good basis for the creation of the weekly status of the team (review of the week):
- A view on the projects and their weather
- Actions of the week carried out
- Actions for next week
- A return on people’s worries / blocking points
- Ideas to share
To summarize these blocking points or ideas, your collaborator can create tasks using the action types in Beesy: for example Blocking Point Risks and Idea for Idea. For his weekly status, he just has to ask his Bot Beesy: “my risk actions of the week”, “my Ideas of the Week”. By project, it will then be easy to aggregate the feedback from your collaborators.
Your team can generate a weekly report in less than 30 minutes and prepare your Monday meetings.
Communicate and make your team communicate
In a teleworking situation even more than in direct contact, communication is an indispensable key to ensure good coordination with your teams.
For your exchanges, privilege Microsoft Teams conversations to exchange with your collaborators rather than emails. This type of exchange encourages short and concise exchanges.
On your priority topics, use the conversation channels associated with the topics: Each team member concerned by the topic can then very easily interact and provide the clarifications and additional information necessary for teamwork. In this way, you avoid being the central point for the diffusion of relevant information to advance your business. Team conversations also allow you to easily share files, schedule meetings if necessary between teams, but also to automatically create tasks to complete and update action plans.
For the latter, you or your collaborator need only mention @Beesy in the conversation to mark an action to be taken. You can then very easily update your roadmaps and trace all the actions necessary for the proper conduct of your projects.
Develop team spirit
Create a weekly Teams meeting for example on Wednesday afternoons where colleagues can meet for a virtual coffee or tea and video-conference. Take advantage of these moments to exchange on the situation and how everyone feels about remote work, thus recreating the traditional “coffee breaks” to maintain the link between your employees.
Don’t hesitate to inject a little fun into team discussions to create moments of decompression during the day. Create a dedicated communication channel to exchange on “coffee breaks” topics (news, suggestion box…) where teams can use and abuse the functions of integrated gifs and stickers.
You can thus even remotely develop a good atmosphere and make your team “the best place to work”.
A productive Remote Work with Microsoft Teams & Beesy
CLEAR AND SPECIFIC GOALS
Automation of action plans for independent and empowered collaborators
a team aligned with the objectives
Open communication, an agile organization for better performing teams
SIMPLIFIED BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Consolidated data and a multitude of filters to add all the reporting tabs needed to manage the activity in one click